Wednesday 2 September 2009

I'm going to hell...so bring the sunblock

Listening to: The Blackout
Reading: The Picture Of Dorian Grey

Watching: TBO youtube videos


I love these blogs: http://fuseblog.typepad.com/kill_hannah/


It's just hit me how soon September's come around. I got my GCSE results last week; eight A's, two B's, one C and a Distinction. Pleased much?
So I've enrolled at 6th Form Collage and I start on Monday. I'm not even nervous. Maybe I will be the morning of. Yesterday I realised that reading makes me so tired. Especially when it's written by Oscar Wilde. I want to finish reading The Picture of Dorian Grey before the film comes out. I have until next week sometime. Will it be possible? Maybe, I read kinda fast.

TWIHARDS LOOK AWAY NOW




I have found my hero. His name's Mark and he reads 'Twilight' and posts reviews of each chapter on Buzznet.
http://markreadstwilight.buzznet.com/user/journal/

(From the review of Chapter 13)

Bella: So...what do we do now?

Edward: Let's just sit here and keep staring at me. You're welcome to touch me as if I'm a wax statue, though.

Bella: Oh, I love the chance to be unnecessarily awkward?

Edward: I don't scare you?3

Bella: Do you mind if I start stroking your forearm in an action that closely resembles me giving you a handjob?

Edward: No. You can't imagine how that feels.4

Bella: It's like we're both virgins, isn't it? And we're finally on the path towards SEXUAL FULFILLMENT, right? Right?

Edward: Shut up and keep touching me.

Bella: Yes sir. Anything you say.

3) Another quote. What's so horrible about this is that, obviously, WHO WOULD BE INTIMIDATED BY A VAMPIRE THAT LOOKED LIKE A THIRD GRADE CRAFT PROJECT? Maybe a third grader?
4) You'll notice a theme very quickly with this entire chapter: nearly every piece of dialogue and action is disgustingly sexual, this included, which is another quote from the book. In fact, short of penetration or foreplay, it's almost as if the two characters are actually having sex. But they're not, which is crucial to understanding the blatant
Mormon propaganda that Smeyer forces down your throat. Literally. Like a giant cock of morality. Open wide!



This. Is. Pure. Genius. I thank you, Mark for saying what everyone else is thinking. If only more people would read this and really see what 'Twilight' is: glorified fan fiction . And what is with all the 'Twilight' merch? We have the obvious Tshirts, hoodies, posters, necklaces, bracelets, keyrings, and badges. BUT THEN we have umbrellas, fleece blankets, hair clips, pillow cases, musical jewelry boxes, lunch boxes, bandannas, DOLLS, lip gloss with the word 'Twilight' on it and then this:

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/LicensedGear/Twilight/All/Twilight-Edward-Body-Shimmer-209141.jsp


You'd buy this? You'd seriously buy this? ORLY? You sure?

Thought not.

Anyway, I've finished with my 'Twilight' rant for now. Oh no, wait. I want to sell my copies of the books and the DVD. That's how much I'm sick of them. How much do you reckon someone would pay for all four books + the movie? £25? £30? More? Hey, they're in good condition. 'Twilight' was read about three times, the rest of them only once and the DVD watched twice. They're practically brand new! Eh, I'll put them on ebay

//END RANT//

I'm kind of in love with The Blackout now. Honestly, about a year or two ago I used to dislike them (even hate), but now I don't know why I didn't even give them the time of day. Because of my hatred for them, I missed out on going to see them live last October. Originally it was just to go and see Escape The Fate supporting, but then they canceled
and in the end, I didn't go. Now, I regret not going since I'm in love with them now. I'm sure it's the accents, I love Welsh accents for some reason.
Note to self: the next time TBO are in town (or up at Newcastle at least) I'll definitely be going.



Oh, only 26 days until WAKE UP THE SLEEPERS! 'cited much? And what's this KHK? Listening parties? Interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment