Monday 23 November 2009

Remember me, when you are famous

In a word, Saturday was EPIC. I'm not lying when I say this: it was by far the best gig I've ever been to. Despite feeling sick through all of the support bands and having to put up with back-ache, I'd do it all over again. Managed to get right up front and stayed there all the way through the show, until Kev crowd surfed over me during the last song, 'Remember Me', and I got tangled up in the mic wire and dragged over the other side of the stage. Good times!

Somehow, three shirts got ripped. Kev's was first to get ruined, then Mike's (as in original singer Mike!) and even Harry couldn't escape the wrath of the hands. There were numerous times when Harry and Kev came up to the barrier and hung over the crowd, and I had to hold them up with my hand. And I never thought I'd enjoy hearing a Britney Spears song so much. The 'Everytime' cover had to be one of the highlights of the night. They played a bunch of new songs including a brand new one which I think was called 'Joanna', but don't quote me on that.
(EDIT: it's actually called 'Black Summer'
.) Unfortunately, there was a 10pm curfew, so the encore was cut short ('Let It Go' didn't get played. Sad face.) and security tried to get us all out as quick as. Did manage to meet Paul outside of the academy afterward, he signed our tickets but didn't get a photo. Oh well. He said they'll announce more dates in a few weeks, and I see no reason why they wouldn't come back to Newcastle. If every gig's as insane as Saturday's, they should come back every week.


Insert photo spam......NOW.

Kev
Harry in the pit during 'Heroes'

Paul

Mike
Mike and Harry
Harry, Andy, Lewis

I'll try uploading a video later.

No comments:

Post a Comment