Tuesday 16 February 2010

Hello fashion, it's been a while

Listening to: The Blackout - Wild Nights And Fist Fights
Reading: The Asylum For Wayward Victorian Girls by Emilie Autumn

It only occurred to me that I haven't done a style orientated update since...well, at least the end of January. So, with that in mind, I thought I'd carry on my style inspiration of last month into this one, February being so short anyway. But before I get to that - in honor of all things fashion I have to say RIP Alexander McQueen. I was so shocked and gutted to hear that he'd passed away last week. He was one of the few designers who I really admired, he was a genius basically.


Every
thing about this dress is amazing, I mean c'mon it's got antlers! The net over the face reminds me of that red dress Lady Gaga wore to the VMA's last year and a similar outfit with the black net over the face she wore to another event. And the detail in the dress is gorgeous - so much lace and ruffling detail, it screams fantasy woodland - perfect for the season it was from.













Now this dress, just...wow. It's floaty, feminine but still has a bit of an edge with the colours and the slightly untidy hem. It's very Mulan-esque to me (that was on tv the other day!) and simply wonderful.




And who hasn't seen these beautiful things?! Lady Gaga sported some McQueen fashion again in her Bad Romance video and it has to be said, she is amazing for being able to stand let alone walk in these out-there, yet ever-so-amazing pieces of footwear. How I wish I could have a pair just to sit on a shelf as a piece of art. Sigh.


Anyway, I could go on for much longer as I haven't even scratched the surface of the brilliant McQueen, but I'm trying to get my 'thirst' for fashion back. It didn't disappear completely, hell no! I've just been more occupied with other things - Kerrang! Tour and all the other concerts I have lined up, for example - and also college work has been a bit of a pain. Plus, I haven't had a good session on lookbook.nu in a while, though I am following them on tumblr
(me - agentorangefaye.tumblr.com)

So without further ado, my style inspiration continues to be Miss Audrey Kitching.




Seeing as this is from her NYE photos on buzznet, Audrey is clearly in full celebration mode. I'm really enjoying the colour in this one, keeping everything pretty simple with a lace top and lilac shawl I think that is. But what I love most about this one is the hair and make-up more than anything. Usually I prefer Audrey when she has really pink hair - see photos from 07/08 - however, I think this softer pink works really well as her style has progressed to having a more prominent vintage feel.

Aside from that the make-up looks really nice here - then again it always looks fabulous! The black liner teamed with glittery liner is perfect for adding sparkle to any outfit and the cherry red/pink lipstick sets the whole look off wonderfully.


Hopefully I'll remember to do a couple more of these blogs before February flies past and March arrives with promise of many, many amazing bands to see. Lady Gaga in 16 days!! Seriously! It's that far away! I think I might die from excitement. Lets have a list of who I'll be seeing in the next three months shall we?

(March)
Lady Gaga
Emilie Autumn
HIM
Yashin
Young Guns

(April)
Madina Lake
AFI
Jeffree Star - not 100% yet since he's playing with Brokencyde :|

(May)
Kill Hannah & My Passion

Bring. It. ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment