Friday 24 July 2009

Aren't you too old to be here?

Recap of the week, not that much happened but I felt like posting


Sunday: my brother and I went to a friends house for a Guitar Hero night, complete with pizza, alcohol and nibbles like crisps, chocolate and jelly beans. Had a good time seeing as I haven't been out in a while, or been with the people we were with since my 16th birthday party. I fail at Guitar Hero so much it's unreal. No I'm not completly retarded, but when you've got people deliberatly staring at you and wittering on about The Starudays, it puts you off.
Monday: nipped into town for a few things. Didn't spend long there but it was enough to make me remember why I hate people in this town. The general idiocity is plain obvious and the ammount of people who go out of their house looking like they should be out running or living in the back-end-of-beyond is unreal. I can't wait till I move out. Oh but I did get a cropped leopard print cardigan in the New Look sale and some hair dye, so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

Tuesday: got a haircut. I now have a straight fringe again, (inspired by Taylor Momsen) which I haven't had for two years when I had a rip-off of Joshua Von Grimm's old hair. I think I like it more than a swept over fringe that I've had since forever, I've seen loads of people with blunt fringes now but what the hell.

Wednesday: highlight of my week - the Season 2 finale of Gossip Girl. Yep, I managed to watch all two seasons in about two weeks, (or less) goes to show what a good social life I have. Anyway, (without giving anything away) I have to say that the finale was perfect. Two juicey cliffhangers plus the most wonderful final scene ever. One word: Chair. I never well-up or cry watching films or TV shows, but goddamn that scene nearly tipped me over the edge! Everything about it was spot on and it left me with a warm, fuzzy feeling inside and a huge grin on my face for about half an hour after it ended. To say I'm excited for Season 3 is an understatement.
I know in my last blog I had a bit of a rant about Ed Westwick, but seriously I love him as Chuck Bass. Episode 13 and 14 of season 2 made me a convert, just the overall acting in those two episodes is brilliant. Now if you do your research, you'll be able to figure out what Chair is all about...


As far as today and Thursday go, not much happened. Getting a stuffed Madagascar penguin from Tesco was the second best thing this week. Though I have been searching through clips of Gossip Girl (mainly Chair scenes) on youtube, finding out the names of songs and downloading the most decent ones. Currently on repeat is Stripper by Soho Dolls, a dirty, electronic, rock song from Season 1: episode 07 which I'm addicted to. I feel like I should be in some dirty, underground club when I'm listening to this.
Then we have With Me by Sum 41, (S1x07) super-sweet, edgey rock anthem which makes me think of that final scene of the episode. I've been listening to it on repeat since last night. And finally there's Signs by Bloc Party, (S2x13 one of my fave episodes) the delicate, music box intro make for a heartbreakingly sweet song with a glimmer of hope. It's also been on repeat quite a lot, I can't get enough of it.

I highly recommend that you check these songs out, they're deffinatly going on my list of 2009 summer anthems; along with Save Ourselves (The Warning) by The Blackout, I Really Fuckin Love You/Blender by The Pretty Reckless, New York City Speed by Kill Hannah, Statistics by Madina Lake and Blood On My Hands by The Used.

Now I'm going to dye my hair, download some more Soho Dolls and watch The Adventures of Priscilla: Queen of the Desert. Oh you should watch that film, as the sticker on the dvd box says it's part of the "Unmissable Movies" ;]

Imagine you've just seen the queen naked...


No comments:

Post a Comment