Saturday 18 July 2009

Cockrel's eyes and why I hate children at the cinema...

Started watching season two of Gossip Girl yesterday. Yep, I finished S1 in four days; time well spent I think. Had a joint realisation with my brother that there's something about Ed Westwick (Chuck Bass) that's not right. Maybe it's his eyes or his nose or his mouth...even his eyebrows, I actually think it's not right when his eyes go really small (watch an episode or a youtube clip and you'll know what I mean) The line "like cockrel's eyes embedded in a man's face" from The Mighty Boosh springs to mind. Though sometimes I think Ed looks okay and other times not so much.

Yay/Nay?
I have to say that jacket amuses me, but now I feel like I'm just looking for an excuse to slag him off..


Went to see Harry Potter & THBP today. Despite some people saying "it's not as good as the book...blah, blah, blah", "it's not as good as the other films" or "they miss too much out" I really enjoyed it. Obviously films are never as good as the books (see Twilight, but the book's not that great either) and, yeah, it did feel like they left too much out, but I like to enjoy the films and the books as seperate things. If the film completely effed up the plot in the book then that would be something to complain about.



Even though she wasn't in it a great deal, I loved Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange. I think she's got that psycho thing perfected, especially when she's running around a fucking corn feild singing something that sounds like a twisted nursery rhyme.



One thing I now dread about going to see Harry Potter films is that it's inevitable that it's going to be full of little kids. If you've read the books you'll know that they do get pretty dark, (Goblet of Fire onwards - hell, even Prisoner of Azkaban was dark!) and really, 5 year olds and younger don't really need to be disturbed by seeing half-bodied, bald, scrawny-armed...things swarming onto a pile of what looks like blocks of ice, while HP tries (miserably) to fight them off. Not to mention they get out of their seats to go to the toilet so much, they miss important chunks of the film and might as well have stayed home.

I also hate little kids in general. A girl sat next to me in the cinema kept looking at me every.bloody.chance.she.got. I could see her out of the corner of my eye: everytime I got some popcorn, when I crossed my arms, when I moved my foot and even when I hadn't moved at all. And not to mention all the little kids staring at me as I walked through town. "Yes I have pink hair, yes to you I may look like that gimp from Lazy Town now please put your eyes back in your head, it's distracting."

One good thing about the film? This moment: it was full of win.


No comments:

Post a Comment