Saturday 11 July 2009

Look good, talk less, act bad

Listening to: New York City Speed (new album version) - Kill Hannah
& random Michael Jackson songs
Reading: Interview With The Vampire
Watching: Fight Club


WARNING:
This is going to be a long one, with photo spam galore.



There was a massive thunderstorm on Monday, right after I'd got caught outside in one on Sunday, that left us with no internet access whatsoever for four days. I swear I've never been so bored in my entire life. It made me wonder how the hell we managed without the internet, we probably spent all day watching tv or dvds which I think I did. But what about before tv, dvds and the like? People probably sat and talked, listened to the radio, did housework, read a book...went outside, goddamnit. Gah, thinking about it's making me dizzy, I'm so glad I live in a world that would go into shock if the internet suddenly died. (touch wood)




On Thursday we went to Edinburgh, just for an overnight stay, nothing major. Spent Thursday wandering around the city, climbing up steep steps, looking in an art gallery that really did nothing for me, going up a steep bank, nearly dying, eating carrot cake in a little cafe at a table next to an American woman, going to the Camera Obsura & World of Illusions, running away from Andrew trying to give me an electric shock after handling the plasma ball, buying a penguin glass, climbing up 287 steps of death in the Scott Monument, taking photos of gargoyle heads and seaguls, sitting on a platform watching some hobos wishing I was as cool as them, taking candid photos, sitting on a bench, going to an Italian restraunt, keeping the little Italian flag that was stuck in my burger, going back to the hotel, watching Friends, Bones, The Big Bang Theory, Big Brother (N), Channel 4 technical fail, channel flicking some more, two episodes of Family Guy, ten minutes of The 40 Year Old Virgin, end of Scars, more of The 40 Year Old Virgin then going to bed at half 12.














Scott Monument - 287 steps of death all the way to the top. And a gargoyle that looks a bit high.





In the Camera Obscura, the Infinity Tunnel: wall of mirrors with hunderds of coloured lights that makes it look like they go on forever. So pretty.

Me with some fibre optic lights. "Hello, this is Cthulu calling about your soul..."



Andrew going up a stairwell in Scott Monument



A random seagul that I had to take a photo of


The cool hobo musicians that I wish I was as cool as. But they don't beat the hippie dude we saw on Friday, with his dreads, sitar and joint in mouth. I know what I'm gonna be when I'm older...





The ah-mazing penguin glass and Andrew's crappy photography c:




"Captain Cabinet, trapped in cabinets, can he get out, will he get out, 'course he will"

Techincally a wardrobe, but who am I to challenge the wisdom of The Mighty Boosh?



Fail


Friday: wake up at 7:30 to the sound of Mat Devine of Kill Hannah singing Love You To Death as my alarm tone, watch Gilmore Girls 8 till 9 (L), a cereal bar for breakfast, get washed & dressed, put face on, do hair, put things back in my bag, watch some Desperate Housewives, go out at 10ish, Disney store, buy a Jack Skellington pen set and a mug for Xmas, wander over to New Look, get a dress, get a skelleton rib tshirt for £5 in the sale, go to Burger King to eat what is technically breakfast, wander around some shops with Andrew for a couple of hours, complain about the fact that a really nice dress from Topshop that was £50, go to H&M, River Island, go to HMV and buy Fight Club, go back to the car and set off home, listening to my mp3 while reading Let The Right One In (multi tasker), stop at some little seaside town for a walk or a sit on the sea wall, start back home again, finish reading LTROI, start Interview With The Vampire from where I left off about 4 months ago, get home, empty my bag, watch Fight Club, someone comes over to fix the internet, eat late, get back on the internet, totally shun the end of Fight Club, catch up on the happenings in the world, download some Michael Jackson songs (y), watch TV, go to bed about 12.



I loose connection with the world for four days, come back and find out that The Used are playing in Newcastle in September AND Yashin are playing in Newc' in Novemeber! Now all that I'm waiting for is Madina Lake and Kill Hannah to announce UK tours. I'm going to try and go to all of them. £16 for The Used, £12ish for ML & KH as a guess and £6 for Yashin = skint Faye. It's gonna be about 50 for all four, not including booking fees.


Recession? What recession?



Oh, and I have to say that the shiny new version of New York City Speed is simply amazing. So much better than the other version, which was great anyways. But I'm so, so exited for Kill Hannah's new album. It makes me sad that Jonny(aka to me at least Skinny)'s no longer in KH, but at least he's working on stuff with a new band. See how amazing the Kill Hannah Kollective is for news and updates? Oh and free, exclusive mp3's of new KH material.

Dearest Skinny,

I, along with many other KH fans, will miss your presence in Kill Hannah greatly. But I'm looking forward to hearing your new band, Polar Moon. So it's a win-win situation really...which means this may have been kind of pointless.

Dearest KH,

GIVE US A REALESE DATE PLZ

As if it's 7:35pm already. Where has this day gone? Where has this month gone even? Or this year? I mean it's July already for f's sake. I get my GCSE results in a little over a month, DO NOT WANT. Is it weird that I'm actually worried about opening that envolope? Probably not, but I guess people will expect me to be calm about it. Pssht whatever, they know nothing.

Oh goddamn I'm hungry. I think I need food...

Something else about Michael Jackson on tv tomorrow. Might watch it.

Yes, I'm that sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment