Sunday 6 December 2009

Gossip Girl style watch, what?

Lazy Sunday today. I'm re-dying my hair and trying to get as much textiles work done as I can before Thursday's deadline. Here's a bunch of stuff I found that wouldn't be too out-of-place on my Christmas list:

  • Knitted penguin jumper (so cute!!)
  • Anna Sui "Flight of Fancy"
  • Alligator ring
  • "Wake Up The Sleepers" by Kill Hannah
  • The Big Bang Theory season 2
  • White blond extensions (single strip x4)
  • Leg warmers
  • Buckle & lace shoes
  • Owl ring




Since I mentioned it yesterday, I've had the sudden urge to watch Gossip Girl season 1 all over again. I kinda miss it. Don't get me wrong, the new season's wonderful but there seems to be a lack of bitching, back-stabbing and general OMG-ness. And I'm developing this thing against Vanessa, and I don't know why. But regardless, I think the stylist is doing a great job although...






















Jenny Humphrey's style feels a bit too much like Taylor Momsen's rather than a grown-up Jenny. I get that she had this big change during season 2,
but come on, how many schools (even though it is a tv show) would let girls wear shorts, fish-nets and heels?

Left: Taylor off screen. Right: Taylor as Jenny























Left: This one isn't all that bad, I like the shades of grey and the jacket/waistcoat is quite nice, those shoes - I want. And although she is wearing tights, the dress could be a little longer.

Right:
I don't mind this outfit, teaming a leather jacket with a dress is a big thumbs up from me, and the shoes and accessories work well, but maybe a pair of tights would make an improvement.






















This outfit I do really like. I actually wore something similar back in October when I could get away with wearing tights outside without freezing. (Switching fishnets for plain black tights.) I like the colour coordination of the blues, with the tie, the skirt and the long sleeved top. The fishnets...eh, maybe they're not so bad in this case since the skirt's longer than the shorts in the picture above. I also like the idea of layering necklaces over a tie, it works really well, as does having the bracelets over the sleeve. Shoe boots and big slouchy bag? Double thumbs up.

I might post more stuff like this as and when I find things to write about (:

No comments:

Post a Comment