Wednesday 16 December 2009

Never too early to plan an outfit or three

I'm sat watching The Royal Variety Performance waiting for Lady GaGa to perform. Since it's pre-recorded, I've seen photos of her sat at a piano 10ft in the air, wearing a mad-fabulous red latex dress, with a huge Elizabethan style collar and red rhinestones around her eyes that makes her look like part of a circus act. Oh how I love. I'll post a photo later.

Speaking of GaGa, I need something to wear next year when I go see her. I found an amazing pair of sequined shorts in New Look last week, so I thought 'Hey, let's see what I can get from these.' And here's what I got:

Outfit #1
  • black studded tshirt
  • sequin shorts
  • buckle and chain biker boots
  • stretch gem bracelet





This outfit's quite nice and simple. The shorts are really the statement piece, which is kinda what I was going for, the gem bracelet fits in well with the sequins and the studs on the tshirt and the boots just tie things together nicely. I'd team this with a pair of tights, either simple black tights, possibly with a pair of net tights layered over the top. Or my pair of Amanda Palmer-esque vertical striped tights.

Outfit #2

  • light pink top
  • sequin shorts
  • sleeveless waistcoat
  • wide silver waist belt
  • metallic and net hair bow
  • set of five bangles




A splash of colour here, which is different to most things I find myself wearing these days (haha). I'd have the tshirt tucked in the shorts with the wide belt over the top to hide the line between the two pieces, which just makes things look a bit more tidy and well-put together. I was looking for a cropped waistcoat or even better, a bolero jacket. But whatever. The accessories go together well, and just help finish the outfit. For the shoes, I'd probably wear the same boots in the above picture. Oh and a pair of tights. Just a side note on this one, it's inspired by an outfit Audrey Kitching wore earlier this year.



It was just so awkward trying to find a black bolero jacket anywhere online this time of year, since they're not really the kind of thing people are wearing now. And you'd think an elasticated sequin waist belt would be easy enough to find, right? No. Every other colour except pink.



One day I'll do a style blog on Audrey, since I find her style quite fabulous. I wish I could get away with wearing half the stuff she does. And yes, she was my inspiration for dying my hair pink.






Outfit #3
  • large Misfits tshirt
  • wet look leggings
  • leather biker jacket
  • heeled lace-up trainer boot
  • multi-shimmer sequin hat
  • safety pin hoop earings
  • MAC glitter in silver
  • MAC lipstick in Pink Nouveau

This isn't really an outfit I think I'd wear to a GaGa show, or any other sh
ow for that matter - well, maybe the leggings and baggy tshirt combo - but I do love it oh-so-much. I think this outfit would be perfect for going out on a weekend, doing shopping, hanging out with friends or just as an everyday look. I'm kinda in love with glitter as eyeshadow right now. I blame myself for watching clips from Labyrinth on youtube earlier today.

So now I've got some ideas of what I could wear to see GaGa - I mean, it's not like I'd out-do her is it? - and I'm probably going to have a bit of a spend on Saturday. Clothes, eye glitter, hair dye, sequins and a ticket for Kerrang! tour doesn't sound like a bad shopping list to me. Now excuse me, True Blood's starting...

No comments:

Post a Comment