Thursday 21 January 2010

Film overload.

Listening to: Young Guns
(my Winter Kiss bundle arrived today! Happy face!)

I'm making up for lost time here. As stated in a previous post, Daybreakers appealed to me and last Friday my brother and I took a much-delayed trip to the cinema. Despite so-so reviews I wasn't put off. The trailer looked good and REAL vampires are an instant win in my opinion. There was plenty of blood, gore and a nice dose of projectile vomit. Hm. (Just watch it and see) The plot was great, a world populated by vampires after some huge outbreak leaving the remaining humans being farmed for their blood, and there was some nice prosthetics in there too. When I say 'nice', I mean disgusting yet oh-so-good, of course. The script seemed a bit dodgy in parts but overall it wasn't too painful. And oh, the ending was a beautiful mass of slow-mo, blood and vampires eating each other. But, perhaps most importantly (at least for me) NOT A SPARKLING VAMPIRE TO BE HAD! Shit, these ones actually BURST INTO FLAMES when the stepped into sunlight, drank human blood, had visible fangs and are so high-tech it's unreal. FUCK ME, THE WORLD MAKES SENSE AGAIN!!



See that SMeyer? That is an example of a vampire. Learn.

Tomorrow I'm going to see Avatar after college. IN 3D! Yeah, yeah, I know I'm a bit slow on this one since it's been running for quite a few weeks now, but I thought 'go now after the majority have already seen it.' That and I was feeling kinda out-of-the-loop when it came up in recent Film Studies classes. Sad face.


Also, I've made a list of films I need to buy for these reasons:
  1. simply to update my collection
  2. have a wider knowledge of films (Film Studies student, helloooo)
  3. catch up on some good ones I've missed
  4. for my own joy of having a new DVD to watch
Okay, so on my list of ones to look out for and possibly buy this weekend are:
  • Dorian Gray*
  • The Hangover (hm..)
  • Requiem For A Dream*
  • Heathers
  • The Breakfast Club
  • Reservoir Dogs
  • A Clockwork Orange
* = high to definite chance of buying.

It's an ongoing list, which is pretty obvious as there's so many films that I haven't seen, which I really should. Anyway all this talking about films lark is wearing me out. After a 2 1/2 hour Film Studies exam I just wanna sleep. It made my brain hurt.

1 comment: