Monday 4 January 2010

Hello 2010. This month's inspiration is...

Watching: The Big Bang Theory. Season 3 Episodes 8, 9, 10

Well hello 2010. How are you this fine snowy evening? Me, I'm doing quite well. I'm multi-tasking at the moment, writing this blog while taking part in a much loved KHK chat on msn. I love those guys so much. Anyway, New Year's was quite strange in a way, but still. Andrew and I watched all of Gossip Girl season one, ate pizza, chips and garlic bread, then after it went midnight we had a bit of Lady GaGa rave and made a Chuck Bass
"Bass does not approve" mascot on a stick. Don't ask.

So, new year, new 'me'. Apparently. I'm starting this by trying to be a bit more...adventurous with my clothing. That said, each month or so I'm going to choose one person as my style inspiration. This month I've decided to focus on Audrey Kitching.























Admittedly, Audrey's style may be a bit... 'out-there' for some people's tastes, but it takes guts to pull off some of the clothes she wears. She's notorious for her hair bows, and is very DIY with clothes, customizing tshirts and even making her own headbands. I'd describe her style as vintage with a modern 'punk rock' twist. She takes cute dresses and layers them with leggings, heels and tonnes of accessories such as leather fingerless gloves, rings, feathered headbands, belts, huge sunglasses and as many nec
klaces as she can pile on.
















For this look, I like the way Audrey has kept the top half of her outfit simple, with a white coat and shirt, then combined it with a pair of bold leopard leggings. I love how she's piled on the accessories, yet it doesn't look OTT and the big floppy hat and red lipstick set the look off perfectly.


Throughout the month I'll post some photos of Audrey
that I like, be it the hair, clothes, shoes or make-up she's wearing. It might even be that I dig out some older photos, circa 2006 and talk about those, and possibly some looks that I'm not too keen on will make an appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment